We are pleased to announce a herb walk led by Registered Medical Herbalist, Talal Al Hamad from The Urban Apothecary. Talal is recognized as a professional herbalist by the Ontario Herbalists Association and The Prestigious American Herbalists Guild.
WHY PICK OUR WALKS?
-Led by an experienced Registered medical herbalist
-small intimate groups – ensure no one is left behind and plenty of time for questions.
-We break down the barriers that textbooks often have by providing real life case examples and allowing you to taste and connect with some of the plants.
-Our participants range from beginners all the way to practising health professionals (naturopaths, RMTS, accupuncturists). There is something for everyone!
-children are always free !
On this walk we will be venturing on the Beltline trail around Evergreen brickworks, discussing medicinal/edible plants along the way. For those that have been on this trail before, there are a bunch of new plants im going to be talking about. On this walk you will learn various things including :
– How to identify wild medicinal plants commonly found in our local wooded areas.
– How to safely and responsibly harvest them during peak potency.
– How these plants can be used medicinally.
– The different ways herbal remedies can be administered.
– There will be plenty of time for questions, so make sure to bring some along!
– Please note it is not permitted to remove plants from City of Toronto property.
– This is a rain or shine event. Please bring an umbrella and boots if there is a chance of rain.
The Exact starting point will be emailed to paid participants 2 days before the event starts
Talal is a Medical Herbalist and founder of The Urban Apothecary, a herbal clinic & dispensary located in the College and Ossington area. He is a Registered Herbalist and professional member of the Ontario Herbalists Association and The American Herbalists Guild. Talal has been a student of various holistic & natural healing modalities for many years including:
– Traditional Western Herbalism
– Homeopathy – Cell Salts
– Bach Flower Remedies – Flower essence therapy
– Yoga – Pranayama, Mudras & Asana
– Nutritional & Lifestyle Coaching
– Holistic Pet & Plant Care
He works with People, Plants and Animals and is extremely well versed in the Culinary & Gastronomical world. His articles have been featured in magazines such as Ayurveda Mantra & Tonic Toronto.