We are pleased to announce another herb walk date led by Registered Medical Herbalist, Talal Al Hamad from The Urban Apothecary. Talal is recognized as a professional herbalist by the
Ontario Herbalists Association and The Prestigious American Herbalists Guild
WHY PICK OUR WALKS?
-Led by an experienced Registered medical herbalist.
-small intimate groups – ensure no one is left behind and plenty of time for questions.
-We break down the barriers that textbooks often have by providing real life case examples and allowing you to taste and connect with some of the plants.
-Our participants range from beginners all the way to practicing health professionals (naturopaths, RMTS, accupuncturists). There is something for everyone!
– Children are always free !
– Dogs are welcome!
On this walk you will learn various things including :
– How to identify wild medicinal plants commonly found in our local wooded areas.
– How to safely and responsibly harvest them during peak potency.
– How these plants can be used medicinally.
– The different ways herbal remedies can be administered.
– There will be plenty of time for questions, so make sure to bring some along!
– Please note it is not permitted to remove plants from City of Toronto property.
– This is a rain or shine event. Please bring an umbrella and boots if there is a chance of rain.
We’ll be walking through high park. The Exact starting point will be emailed to you upon registering .
About Talal Al Hamad:
Talal is a Medical Herbalist and founder of The Urban Apothecary, a herbal clinic & dispensary located in the College and Ossington area. He is a Registered Herbalist and professional member of the Ontario Herbalists Association and The American Herbalists Guild. In addition to a solid foundation of science based studies, Talal has been a student of various holistic & natural healing modalities for many years including:
– Traditional Western Herbalism
– Homeopathy – Cell Salts
– Flower essence therapy
– Yoga – Pranayama, Mudras & Asana
– Nutritional & Lifestyle Coaching, Body PH
– Holistic Pet & Plant Care
He works with People, Plants and Animals and is extremely well versed in the Culinary & Gastronomical world. His articles have been featured in magazines such as Ayurveda Mantra & Tonic Toronto.